WP4 - EU & National Funding Landscapes Research
In tandem with the survey and mapping of current CVD research and funding activities at researcher/research centre level, the key aspect of funding programme availability and uptake will be further developed and corroborated by a more comprehensive view of the EU and national funding landscapes for CVD research to be carried out by PNO.
PNO will use this knowledge and expertise to evaluate the existing EU and national funding landscapes relating to the CVD research area, as follows:
- Identification of European private and public funding
- Current EU funded projects
- European organisations offering research support
- Industry funding
- Identification of national private and public funding
- Nationally funded projects
- Charitable organisations
- Regional support organisations
- Business support organisations
The European arm of this funding evaluation study will cover the EU28 countries.
This separate funding study will complement the research questionnaire survey studies by highlighting the awareness level of the researchers on the ground of the available various funding programmes and identifying which programmes work best in practice and offer the best chance of success.